Reading Time: 2 minutes
Betsson Group has announced that it will host its first Diversity and Inclusion Conference on 17th June 2022 in Malta. The one-day conference aims to connect experts from inside and outside the iGaming industry to discuss how to create a more diverse and inclusive workplace – where all employees can thrive.
The chosen theme for the first edition of this conference is “Together We Drive Change”. The conference brings together recognized subject-matter experts, well-renowned academics and researchers, industry leaders, HR professionals and representatives from community and support agencies under one roof to speak and discuss about important aspects of diversity and inclusion as well as share best practices.
Betsson Group’s Chief HR Officer, Lena Nordin, said “At Betsson Group, we are committed to support and sustain an environment where all employees are welcomed, respected, appreciated, and able to be themselves – without biases based on differences of any kind.”
As the largest iGaming employer in Malta, Betsson Group has employees from 60+ nationalities and its workforce is made up of approx. 40% women. “We are cultivating a creative environment where we challenge each other and see things from different perspectives. This in turn leads to innovative solutions that help us in accomplishing our mission of providing the best customer experience in the industry, ”concluded Ms Nordin.
The business case for diversity and inclusion is stronger than ever. Over the past years, Betsson has witnessed a significant increase in employee and customer interest around this topic. Companies that address diversity and inclusion issues are more likely to attract and retain great talent, cultivate positive work environments, promote innovation and performance, and enhance their brand’s value. Betsson believes that to succeed, organizations must build bridges constructively and respectfully, creating cultures where everyone feels they can contribute and belong.
Speakers at the Diversity and Inclusion Conference include:
– Prof. Brenda Murphy (Associate Professor, University of Malta)
– Kelly Kehn and Christina Thakor-Rankin (Co-Founders, All-In Diversity Project)
– Dr. Claire Azzopardi Lane (Deputy Dean & Head of Dept. of Gender and Sexualities & Disabilities Studies)
– Joseph K Muscat (JKM Consulting Consultant)
– Pontus Lindwall (CEO, Betsson AB)
– Jesper Svensson (CEO, Betsson Group)
– Peter Ekmark (CEO, Internet Vikings)
– Oskar Mühlbach (CEO, Raketech)
– David Flynn (CEO, Glitnor Group)
– Alexia Frendo (Global HR Business Partner, Kindred Group)
– Avril Morin (Director of People Operations, Gaming Innovation Group)
– Lena Nordin (CHRO, Betsson Group)
– Helen Baker (HR Director Malta, Betsson Group)
– Maria Loumpourdi (Senior Talent Development Manager, Betsson Group)
The Diversity and Inclusion Conference will be held at the Corinthia St George’s Bay in Malta on Friday, 17th June between 09:30 and 16:30 CEST. Places are limited.